Grapes are one of the healthiest snacks out there. They are delicious, and we literally can’t…
What are the Top No Spill Cat Water Bowl Brands?
Cats are known for pushing things away from the counters and they love to see them fall. Sometimes they just roam around the house and attack anything that is dangling in the air. They keep themselves pretty much busy and entertained.
Sometimes entertaining themselves also needs a good splash from the water bowl and even tipping it fully. Now you must be thinking as why do they do it? Well, they do it because it is fun! At least for them.
Now, for the owner of the pet, it means a lot of extra cleaning, wet feet and also many floor hardwoods which gets ruined.
Your pet might have a habit of flipping the bowl before they drink from it or even take a splash. This might be because many cats like movement in their water which is why they do this kind of movement while drinking.
Well for us there are a lot of options available when it comes to finding cat water bowls that won’t tip. There are some options of spill bowls in the list, which is suitable, if your cat likes to splash around. In this article our team has found out some of the best tip cat bowls that may be of different categories.
1. URPOWER Dog Bowls Stainless Steel Dog Bowl with No Spill Non-Skid Silicone Mat
- Color: Black, grey, blue & red.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Brand: URPOWER
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 5.6 x 9.6 x 10.6 inches
- Item Weight: 1.61 Pound.
- Full Dinner Set – Set of 2 bowls (26.46 OZ for each bowl). It can be used as a full dinner set where you can keep food and water. This is best for pets up to 70lbs.
- Non-Skidding & Flipping – The material is silicone which keeps the bowl from slipping on the floor and keeps it in one place when your cat is eating.
- No-Spill Silicone Mat- The large space of the silicone keeps the water from spilling on your floor and keeps it clean.
- Rust Resistant Stainless Steel – the bowl is made of good quality stainless steel and has a perfect silicone bottom, it’s an amazing bowl for feeding your pet. Both silicone stand and stainless-steel bowls are safe for dishwashers.
- Perfect for any pets up to 70lbs – Cats, dogs and all other pets will love these clean, and easy feeding bowls.
- The silicon material is a bit hard.
2. Ethical Stoneware Crock Dog Dish
It is a simple yet heavy ceramic bowl which prevents the water from spilling. It prevents your cat from tipping the water bowl you have kept. Experts recommend the 9.5-inch bowl since it weighs in at 3.3 pounds; this is more than enough to prevent your cat from causing a catastrophe with the water bowl. Another positive aspect of this simple bowl is that it is simple yet worthwhile, it will definitely get the job done for you.
- Material: Ceramic
- Color: White & Blue
- Brand: Ethical
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH-9.49 x 9.49 x 2.75 inches
- Item Weight: 3.08 Pounds
- Low price
- Best for Pet Food and Water Bowl: Ceramic pet bowl which measures 9.5″ Diameter x 2.75” H, and is perfect for medium cats and dogs.
- Heavy Weight hence No Movement: The base is heavy to prevent tipping over and ensures enjoyable and comfortable eating.
- Easy to Clean: It has a smooth surface which is made of stoneware products and it is very easy to clean.
- Popular Design: Stylish but simple design which can fit to any home decor.
- Product Materials: 100% Stoneware fit for cats and dogs, microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Protection is limited against splashing.
- You need to refill it frequently as the water capacity is lower especially when you have multiple cats or cats and dogs at home.
3. Catit Flower Water Fountain
Many people love this water bowl, not only because of its super cute design but also because it is great for cats who have a habit of splashing the water in their bowl.
No, you many have a question as why do they like it.
The reason is that the fountain style water bowl keeps the water in limit which is available for the cat at any point. Instead of keeping the water in the open it is held in a reservoir (up to 3L) and then is slowly cycled out. This is wonderful when it comes to water bowls for cats who like to tip, try and flip or splash around their water bowls. This bowl will make sure that the cats are encouraged to drink!
Most of the cats prefer running water and the Catit Flower Water Fountain helps this stimuli by its three flow settings. If you see that your cat is continuously trying to drink from the water faucet then you can be rest assured that they would love it. Many experts actually suggest that cats like drinking running water because it’s very clean. This is something which runs in their genes.
This bowl can be tipped over but it would be a very difficult thing to do for a cat. The weight of the product is above a pound and as it has a 3L water capacity the weight becomes much more.
Many parents love the flower feature which the bowl has as it acts as a fountain for the water. It also gives you the freedom to add or take away the parts of the flower so that you can increase or decrease flow of the water.
The main feature is that the fountain actually filters the water for your cat with three types of filters which also includes a carbon filter.
The only negative aspect of this water bowl is that if your cat is very shy or gets easily scared then this fountain is not what you are looking for.
- Color: Green
- Material: Polypropylene
- Brand: Catit
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH: 8.27 x 8.27 x 7.28 inches
- Item Weight: 0.6 Kilograms
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Over 9,000 five-star reviews on online websites.
- Clever and cute design.
- Reasonable price even though it has a water fountain style water bowl.
- Less splash potential as limited amounts of water are provided at any time.
- Because of the weight and overall size, the flipping of the bowl is difficult
- Cat fountain features: 3 different water flow settings are available for cats who are picky. It provides maximum oxygenation for better tasting cat water; the amazing design filters water keeping it fresh for a long time.
- Holds up to 3L water in the cat water bowl and also takes a little floor space; dimensions are 9.0 x 8.3 x 7.7 inches.
- It has three actions; it softens the cat water with the help of a filter and small energy-efficient pump with power cord (if you add an extension cord then the connection must be dust proof and also waterproof); It is made of BPA-free materials.
- The design is Ergonomic which mis perfect when used with the Catit Multi Feeder; you get a perfect cat water fountain and cat feeder thus making a cat feeding station for the cats dining experience.
- If they find that the fountain pump is making a lot of noise, make sure to check the water level as it is very low.
- Some sensitive cats get scared by the gentle electric hum.
4. Necoichi Raised Stress Free Cat Water Bowl
This very specially designed water bowl which makes the drinking (or eating) very easy and comfortable for your cat as it raises the bowl to them. You can find this feature mainly for big dogs. However, this is very uncommon when it comes to cats.
Having an elevated bowl makes it very comfortable to drink for your pet. Many experts say that when water is provided in an elevated water bowl the chance of vomiting decreases. The reason being that your cat no longer has their head lowered when they reach the water. This goes the same way when it comes to food bowls, too.
Many parents think that the bowl from Necoichi is the best-raised cat bowl in the market as it fills the requirements for cat water bowls which will not tip when the cat has a habit of splashing. It weighs under one pound hence you can consider this water bowl as hefty enough and thus making it troublesome for cats to tip it over.
This water bowl has a small but subtle inner lip that keeps the water from spilling out. As the bowl is at an elevated position, it will be difficult for your cat to splash the water around. That states that this bowl can be used for both flippers and the splashers!
One more additional feature which most parents adore is that the Necoichi bowl makes this easy to measure the amount of water your cat has had as there is a millimeter measurement option inside the bowl.
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 4.9 x 4.9 x 3.9 inches
- Made of durable and non-absorbent porcelain
- Look: Cupcake, Regular.
- The bowls are elevated making it more comfortable for the cat to drink water and at the same time avoid splashing of water and avoid vomiting in many cats. The Necoichi Raised Cat Water Bowl serves the cat water at mouth-level, making it easy to drink water without putting a strain on its neck.
- The measurement lines on the cat water feeder makes it easy to track the amount of water your cat has consumed, hence it prevents dehydration and the other health issues.
- It has cute designs which look very stylish than many cat bowls don’t have in them. It is durable and functional, making them perfect water bowls.
- The bowls are made of non-absorbent porcelain that has an EC and ECC European standard, which is perfectly safe for your pet. It is microwave and dishwasher safe, and is very convenient to use.
- The shape of the bow which is curved and the inner lip of this water bowl makes sure that water stays inside it and does not spill till the end.
- It’s not as heavy as some other bowls and though it isn’t likely a determined feline might be able to flip this bowl.
What Makes A Spill Proof Cat Water Bowl?
There’s no one simple solution to make a cat water bowl that won’t tip over. Cats are pretty naughty and have a lot of time to figure out a way about how to flip the water bowl you have brought for them. Hence manufacturers come up with many new ways to make a bowl spill proof.
Here are some of the new ways which the manufacturers have found:
Heavy Cat Water Bowls
Many water bowls are hefty and can’t be flipped. Such as the ceramic bowl from Ethical (number two on our list) it weighs around 3.3 pounds making it heavy and preventing it from spilling. Even the most talented bowl flippers find it hard to flip the bowl.
Some manufacturers opt for special grip at the bottom or provide a wide base making these bowls difficult to flip. It prevents a lot of mess bowls which happen due to flipping of the water bowl by cats.
Bowls with a Base
There are many bowls in the market that can hold the bowl in a base securely. These bowls help in preventing flipping of water, many parents do prefer bowls which can be separated from the location of the food. Many experts have observed that the domestic cats prefer their water source which is situated in a different location from where their food is kept.
Expert Review: Our team of experts have reviewed each product which is available in the market and found that there were only four types of water bowls which were appealing to the masses. All of them represent a different style of water bowl. The categories were:
- Water Bowls with base and mat.
- Heavy cat water bowls.
- Water fountain bowls.
- Elevated water bowls.
If you are looking for a cat water bowl that won’t tip over the above-mentioned options are worth a try.
What Is Your Cats Preference When It Comes To A Water Bowl?
Each cat is different and has their own liking! Thus, it means that each cat has their own unique preferences, as their liking and disliking for a particular thing is different. So, while purchasing a spill proof cat bowl, ask yourself what your cat likes.
Is the preference of your cat to track down standing water? Well in that case a standard bowl style would be the safest.
Does your cat like to jump when the get the chance to drink from the sink? Then the best bowl would be the fountain, for our furry feline friend.
Is your cat showing signs of discomfort or whisker fatigue at the water bowl? In this case check for whisker relief cat bowl articles.
What should you look for in a water bowl for your pet cat?
Setting Quality Standards
While you are searching for the best cat water bowls, you’ll need to set a quality standard. Let’s say, if you are open to plastic bowls or would you like stainless steel bowls? Does the water bowl material play an important part in your search for a water bowl for your cat? You need to start thinking about what your cat likes in their water bowl.
Many pet parents never settle for plastic which has BPA. Hence, all the products in our list above include BPA. This is one more aspect of water bowls you might want to check.
Cat water bowls would cost you some amount of money. If the product is of high-quality material (like stainless steel) then you have to pay extra. However, it is that expensive item and can be afforded as it lasts for a very long time.
Ease of Cleaning
Is it easy to clean the water bowl? Now if you are looking for something like the fountain bowl then you have to take some time out to clean the more intricate parts and also replace filters. However, there are many other water bowls which are dishwasher safe bowls, you’ll simply need to place the bowl into the dishwasher and it’s done cleaning it.
It is very important to check the bowl as it makes it hard to tip the bowl for the cats and makes things easy for you.
Cats like to have fun with anything they can. This also includes drinking water! This is one of the reasons you love them. However, it can get frustrating when their play causes us a lot of mess and ruined hardwood.
The best of the 4-water bowls which is listed above is the URPOWER Dog Bowls Stainless Steel Dog Bowl with No Spill Non-Skid Silicone Mat because it is available in a Full Dinner Set, has a Non-Skidding & Flipping feature. It also includes the No-Spill Silicone Mat and has a Rust Resistant Stainless Steel.